SEO and PPC are both great tools for marketing. Every business that wants to make their online presence more prominent should add both to their marketing strategies.
In order to understand which one is better for you, let’s look at how they compare with each other.
- It’s a long term strategy that aims at getting your website to the top of the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
- The main costs involved in this are the costs of content creation and promotion.
- It requires extensive effort, and thus, the results can take a long time to show.
- Due to its nature of ranking, it is more sustainable than PPC, and it is difficult for your competitors to displace you.
- About 82% of marketers think that the effectiveness of SEO is rising. Additionally, 42% of them feel that this rise is significant.
- It’s a short term strategy and can help you get immediate traffic and traction.
- The main cost involved here is the cost of creating the ad and promoting it as you pay for every click that you get.
- It’s fairly easy for your competitors to displace you as they just need to get their ad copy and target audience right.
- For every $1.60 that marketers invest in PPC, they are able to generate $3 in sales.
While SEO may seem like a more lucrative option, you should consider PPC as well. For instance, if you have an online sale coming up, PPC will help you get the word out immediately.
SEO, on the other hand, can help you gain authority in the long-run. A great search engine marketing strategy should incorporate the use of both SEO and PPC. To learn how to use them both together for your search engine marketing, check out this infographic by SpyFu