Airbnb is one of the leading and most prominent apartment-provider services in the world and also a travel app. It took around 9 years for the creators of Airbnb to make sustainable profits from their service. Then they transformed it into an Airbnb mobile app after launching an online website. In this post, we’ll show you the costs related to how to build an app like Airbnb, eliminating possible losses and calculating the cost of the future.
Airbnb’s Business Model: What Is It?
Airbnb is a virtual world platform which bridges the worlds, looking for quality but affordable properties. The property owners or hosts can lease their spaces for accommodation in order to earn a little cash flow from their well-maintained houses or homes.
Owners who want to let their home for a limited time period, such as days or weeks are able to list their property on Airbnb. They can add details about their property such as rent, check-in and check-out time. Owners are also entitled to deny or accept reservations after examining the profile on social media of the guest.
The only thing a traveler needs to do is to register & create their profile. Once they have registered, they can look through a variety of properties, book the one that looks perfect to them. They can estimate the price, and then book it.
How to Build an App Like Airbnb: Factors That Influence Their Cost
It is crucial to understand the most important factors that play a major importance in app development like Airbnb. It is possible to use various methods, but the fundamental structure and elements affecting app development remain the same.
If you want an app with unique & appealing design, then it will impact the cost of developing the application. You’ll have to decide between the traditional layout or a customized style.
- Platform Selection
Airbnb is accessible for both platforms i.e. Android & iOS. You must know that the price of iOS mobile app development & the Android platform are different.
- Project Manpower
Size of the team can increase the development costs of the app. It is strongly advised to reduce the size of the team & employ a small and focused team. The group typically includes an UI designer, programmer, and so on.
- App Testing & Technical Complexity
Each additional feature added to the app & the technical complexity of these features, & testing the app prior to its release could incur additional costs.
App Development Costs Like Airbnb
You can build an Airbnb clone in a day. In order to calculate the price, you’ll have to divide the total hours of development with hour development cost. Let’s look at the estimated hours needed to create the features of your app. With these app development costs kept in mind carefully, you can build apps like Airbnb but cheaper apps in future.
- The stage of project preparation comprises the overall plan making the technical foundation for the project. Then, implementation of the API along with the various libraries and services can take up to 60 hours.
- The registration and login function that covers all terms, policies, etc. applicable to the app will take 12 hours.
- Making user profiles for both the guest & the host is expected to take about 15 hours.
- The setting up of push notifications for updates, & the payment gateway is expected to take about 24 hours of development.
- This is followed by the filtering component which gives the user the possibility of narrowing down their search. This will take an additional 24 hours.
- The live chat feature; The host and guests can talk about the specifics of the trip will require around 40 development hours.
- The most requested feature for guests to mark their preferred stay. It can take approximately 10 hours of development.
- An important factor in creating an app like Airbnb is the use of maps that pinpoints the exact location. The process will take about up to 24 hours.
- Host features permit owners to advertise their property and provide information about the property. This can include running ads for stays listed and it will take around 100 hours.
- Description of the property listed by the host. This includes information about the stay and its facilities such as house rules, pictures or videos, reviews, and more. Making this portion of the application will require the most time around 150 hours.
We’ve looked at the total developing hours per hour. Now, we can look through the development costs per hour for various regions around the world. For different regions, costs related to how to start a company like Airbnb differ a lot.
- Canada/USA-based development teams – $60 to $260/hour
- India – $8 to $88/hour
- Eastern Europe – $22 to $152/hour
- Western Europe – $32 to$172/hour
- Australia – $52 to $152/hour
It is important to note the price for developing the admin backend which includes the entire server creation component. It will take about 300 hours.
Costs can also differ depending on the platform you select to build your app. The iOS App Development takes 1400 hours, while the Android App Development can take between 1100 hours.
The final price for creating an app similar to Airbnb is contingent on many different variables. This can fluctuate in line with your company’s requirements. But, the cost to begin developing your own Airbnb app can range from $26,000 to $62,000. This is our answer to how much did it cost to start Airbnb like app.
The online travel market is continuously expanding. This is the sole reason it can be extremely profitable to develop a tourism application such as Airbnb. We hope you succeed in building a marketplace like Airbnb.