Python is the first preference for web development in many leading businesses including Amazon and Google. The main reason behind such popularity is its extensive libraries and frameworks. Also, it is easy to understand, fast & easy development, has feature-rich libraries, smooth integration, and so on.
One of the most famous open-source frameworks, Django supports plain & practical design with fast development. It offers extensive functionalities like authentication, file upload, admin panels, app management and so on.
- Supports PostgreSQL, SQLite, and Oracle databases.
- Builds web apps with more security.
- Eliminate the risk of getting SQL injection, cross-site scripting, and clickjacking.
- Comes with in-built aspects like user authentication content admin tools, RSS feeds, sitemaps, and others.
- The fast development of web applications
- High scalability.
It is another open-source python web framework that helps developers to build web applications with simplicity and efficiency. Using this web framework, Python developers can create complex coding with no extra effort.
- Helps to develop simple applications
- Supports cross-platform
- Seamless testing and support
- Flexible authentication
- Supports data documentation
It is a microframework that offers all the latest technologies to build software with a diversified structure. Web app developers find easy access to python’s libraries and extensions.
- Simple to develop
- Unique and cost-less internal tech stack
- Easy to debug errors
- Provides integrated support
- Supports a lot of functionalities
Bottle framework is well known as the fastest python framework and lightweight WSGI micro web framework among the developer’s community. This framework is specifically designed to build small-scale web applications.
- Comes With an in-built template engine
- Lightweight WSGI micro web-framework
- Provides HTTP development server
- Easy to learn
- Specifically designed to build small applications
5. Fast API:
It is a high-performance web framework that helps developers to build REST APIs much quicker. Many top companies like Netflix, Uber, Microsoft, etc. prefer this FastAPI framework for building web-based applications.
- Quickest python testing framework
- Easy to learn and practice
- Seamless Integration
- Supports interactive documentation
- Eliminates the code duplicate problem
It is an open-source and data-driven web testing app platform that comes with built-in templates. TurboGears helps developers build applications that require quick database access for better functions. Also, it enables developers to build extensible & data-based web apps.
- Supports FormEncode Validation
- Users Pylons web server
- It uses customized WSGI for development
- High flexibility
7. Plotly Dash:
Plotly Dash is used to build an intuitive web application that allows anyone to access and practice. Developers can build effective web applications by combining various interactive components with the python code.
- It uses React.js as components
- Uses plug-ins system for developing Dash components
- Supports building multi-user applications
- Provide easy-to-use interactive dashboards
- Has rich & active community support
Unlike other frameworks, frappe can be written either by JS or python. This framework empowers ERPNext with minimal coding and high configuration. Using this framework, developers can build and maintain complex applications.
- Supports the MVC framework
- Supports ORM(Object-relational mapping)
- Helps to build complex applications with multi-language
- Allows app reusability
- Supports auto-generated UI
It is one of the best python frameworks used to develop highly functional applications. This Giotto framework is highly popular among developers mainly due to its independence and its distinct functions.
- Supports the functional CRUD
- Comes with in-built URL routing
- Offers pluggable multiple controllers
- Supports SQLAlchemy
- Comes with Free RESTful Interfaces
It is a popular lightweight micro-framework specifically used to build a web application with APIs. This Falcon framework enables developers to build applications with clean designs with the presence of HTTP & REST architectures.
- Offers a clean and highly-optimized code
- Fastest lightweight Framework
- Simple & easy to access
- No restrictions on library access
- Supports unit testing
It is the most popular content management framework. Zope framework allows developers to build web portals and applications with extensive CMS solutions. Because of its open-source code, developers are able to build versatile and amazing applications easily.
- Used to build dynamic web applications
- Easy to customize
- Comes with built-in objects
- Provides easy integration of databases like Oracle and MySQL
- Delivers Integrated security model
It is a fast and lightweight ASGI (Asynchronous Server Gateway interface) web framework. Unlike other web frameworks, it is an amalgamation of various tools that allow developers to build simple applications fast.
- It is a fast & lightweight framework
- A new python framework with a mixture of tools
- Ideal for building a small web application
- Uses PeeWee ORM (Object-relational mapping)
- Supports various python libraries including Curio, Trio, and Asyncio
This open-source python framework is used to build or scale web-based applications with the aid of Machine Libraries. This framework enables developers to transform the python codes for building distributed systems with small alterations.
- It is Fast & fully packed with extensive python libraries
- Easy to compute
- Highly accessible
- Follows microservice-based architectures
- Comes with an intuitive API
This open-source python framework is mostly preferred by developers to build web applications with an object-oriented paradigm. In addition, it supports developers to create and connect databases according to their coding styles.
- Simple web framework with high stability
- Highly reliable fast python framework
- Comes with flexible plug-ins
- Comes with built-in several useful tools
- Easy for data documentation
It is a python 3.7+ web server used to build and run web-based apps in quick time. This web framework comes with ‘async/await syntax’ which eliminates code blockage issues. Also, it enables developers to run their newly built applications in multiple parallel threads.
- It is the Lightweight Python web framework ready to start building applications
- Highly scalable & flexible
- Offers a simple & intuitive API design
- Comes with a built-in fast webserver
- Helps developers to build robust web APIs
This Morepath is well known as the super-power python micro-framework. It uses the model-driven approach for building strong web applications. Also, it supports defined path conversion into links because this application will have clean URLs.
- Supports RESTful web services
- Supports developing Generic UI
- Uses model-driven approach to build applications
- Highly flexible and easy to use
- Helps to build applications with clean URL
It is a simple and highly flexible web framework, Quixote is used to build web-based applications in no time. This Quixote web framework enables developers to utilize numerous third-party python modules to build strong web applications.
- Simple and flexible web framework
- Comes with a Built-in python template language
- Easy to embed HTML
- Supports developing dynamic apps with complex coding
- Allows the developer to build apps using traditional methods
Unlike other programming languages, Python is very powerful and provides various tools for developing simple and complex applications for enterprises and also for start-ups. Python has a wide range of web frameworks for building web-based applications. Instead of going blindly behind the best python web frameworks, picking the right one that matches perfectly for your project will be highly beneficial.