Lotus Notes, often known as HCL Notes, is a business email software. This email client is used by many companies to send and receive emails. It’s a desktop application that saves emails, contacts, and addresses as NSF files. Domino Server is supported by Lotus Notes, and it employs the POP3 and SMTP protocols. It is well-known for its advanced features and excellent security level. Nonetheless, many businesses are converting from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
The rationale for Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion will be discussed in this blog. Also covered will be how to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook with the help of Lotus Notes NSF Converter. This post will be useful if you are looking for an easy technique to execute this conversion.
Reasons For Convert Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook
The following reasons are given below why the user needs to convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook:
- Users can use MS Outlook offline also and work from anywhere.
- It has the feature of Data control which is comparatively better.
- It has the best protection features and file security.
- The uncomplicated user interface of MS Outlook proves to be more attractive to users.
- If the user is a multi-tasking specialist, then prefer MS Outlook over other applications.
Previously, we discussed various reasons to convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook. Now we’ll look at how to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook manually.
How to Migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook Using Manual Ways
After the given reason, now we will discuss the manual methods for migrating Lotus Notes to Outlook, which are listed below:-
- Convert Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook
- How to Open NSF File Without Lotus Notes
- How do I Import Emails From Lotus Notes to Outlook Using Professional Method
Method 1: Convert Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook
A. Export Lotus Notes Email data in CSV
- First, Run Lotus Notes software on your system.
- Click on the Mail option and go to the File menu tab.
- Press the Export button to run the Export wizard.
- Choose Structured text to save the emails.
- Next, click on continue to proceed the process.
- Finally, hit on the Export button to export the mail file.
B. Import CSV File in MS Outlook
- First, launch the MS Outlook application on your system.
- Click on the File menu option.
- Choose the Open & Export icon and select the Import/Export tab.
- After that, pick the Import tab from another file option and click on the Next button.
- Then choose the Comma Separated Values and press the Next button.
- Click on the Browse and choose exported CSV File.
- Select replace duplicates items from the imported tab and click on the Next button.
- Locate the destination folder where you want to import emails and hit the Next button.
- At last, the process will complete within a few minutes. After completion of the process, click on the Finish button.
Earlier, We discussed the method of converting Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook. If this method does not work for some users, they should use a different method how to open an NSF file without Lotus Notes.
Method 2: How to Open NSF File Without Lotus Notes
- First, Open the Lotus Notes software on your system.
- Press on the File option from the top menu bar
- Now, select the option of Save As from the list.
- Choose the destination folder to save the NSF file to EML.
- At last, hit the Save button, and within a few minutes the process will complete.
As above methods of opening NSF files without Lotus Notes are discussed. If the user finds any difficulty to perform the manual methods, we have a professional method to Import emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Limitations While Export Lotus Notes Email To Outlook
The following Limitations are given below to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook
- While conversion of NSF to the PST process is very long and becomes complicated for inexperienced users.
- Users may get confused with the process because it has a lot of steps to apply.
- If you are an individual who cannot lose their email files, you can skip the manual process.
- The manual process might cause data loss of the file corruption if not done correctly.
- It is not the right decision to convert large-sized NSF databases to PST format.
Recently, We discussed the limitations of exporting Lotus Notes email to Outlook by using manual methods in the simple steps. Now, we tell you above Import emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook using third-party software.
Easy Way to Import Emails From Lotus Notes to Outlook
Here are various methods to Import emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook. It works competently and helps in sending and receiving emails. And, if you are searching for a tool that works effectively to convert NSF to PST files, then Lotus Notes NSF Converter is perfect. It is the best one-stop solution for accurately transferring emails from lotus notes to outlook.
In the final, as we tell you that there are numerous techniques to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook. To simplify the problem, we have introduced both manual and professional methods. As we discussed, the first manual methods with their limitations. After that, we introduced an automated technique recommended by IT professionals. I hope your issue regarding How to Import emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook is fixed now.