Health is real wealth!
And fitness and wellness play a significant role in enhancing overall health.
However, the entire approach to wellness is shifting from a traditional to a robust and result-driven method.
Technology is now a helping hand in scaling up fitness and wellness outcomes.
Giants like Google, Apple, and Amazon are uncovering new and innovative ways to help people in reaching their fitness and wellness goals in a simple and effective manner.
So, this entire blog is all about the fitness and wellness technology trends that every fitness enthusiast or entrepreneur should keep in mind.
5 mind-blowing fitness and wellness technology trends
First, let us tell you one thing.
We have conducted a brainstorming session with 10+ fitness and wellness experts, trainers, and enthusiasts.
After completing the session, we have come up with the 5 emerging technology trends.
Means, the information we have listed is not internet-based. It is a fusion of passion, knowledge, and experience.
So, let’s start with the most promising technology trend in fitness and wellness.
1. Implementation of IoT tech
IoT (Internet of Things) is taking a place in every corner of the fitness and wellness industry.
It holds the potential to bring peace of mind into the lives of fitness enthusiasts and trainers.
The ultimate goal of the IoT is to collect and share the data in order to let the user perform accurate fitness and wellness activities.
For instance, wearable devices such as smartwatches and fitness bands are one of prior examples of the IoT.
It gathers the data such as pulse rate, oxygen level, water intake, sleep quality, and blood pressure to help the users in analyzing their overall well-being in real-time.
Explore the few examples of IoT technology trends in fitness and wellness
- IoT-backed fitness apps such as the Garmin Connect app
- Training equipment to help the user to perform precise and effective workouts along with preventing users from the injuries
2. Robust tech in meditation and mindfulness
The need for meditation and mindfulness is rising at a tremendous pace.
Poor mental health is the driving factor in it.
As per the WHO, “1 in every 8 people in the world live with a mental disorder”.
Technology-driven meditation and mindfulness solutions such as mobile apps are more effective and reliable for users.
It helps the patients or users to perform meditation, relaxation, and mindfulness activities efficiently.
In addition to this, it also allows them to analyze their performance and can share the data with healthcare professionals or therapists.
3. AI as a fitness trainer
AI is one of the most effective fitness and wellness technology trends as it is harnessing the true potential of the data!
AI as a fitness trainer adds an extra layer of safety, accuracy, and reliability.
Means, it is improving the fitness and wellness outcomes in the true sense.
Integration of IoT, AR (Augmented Reality), and Computer Vision into AI-backed fitness and wellness apps opens a wide range of possibilities for fitness trainers in providing an adequate and convincing session.
A computer vision-enabled camera examines the movement of the user during the exercise and gives real-time feedback to the trainer.
This way, fitness trainers can easily fix or improve exercise techniques.
Explore the top benefits of AI-backed fitness and wellness solutions
- Improves the safety of the user
- Reduces the training efforts
- Allows to provide personalized and data-driven fitness training
4. State-of-the-art tech in the workplace
Adequate wellness in the workplace improves productivity.
But inferior wellness in the workplace not only lowers productivity but also pushes the business in a downward direction.
That’s the reason, medium and large-scale enterprises are adopting workplace wellness programs in order to let their employees stay on top of their overall physical and mental wellbeing.
Sensing the opportunity, digital wellness startups are focusing more on technology-driven solutions to enrich the outcomes in the true sense.
Here is how technology is elevating workplace wellness programs.
- IoT or wearable technology to collect the vital body signs data
- Allows to offer a personalized wellness solution for health risk profiles
- Enables to measure the risk potential and the progress with the powerful analytics
5. Scaling up the home fitness efforts with tech
The gym at home!
People are now avoiding the public gym in order to avoid COVID-19 and travelling time.
However, for many of them, performing an effective and precise exercise is a challenging part.
Fitness and wellness technology trends hold the immaculate answer for it.
Explore how technology is helping in a home fitness
- Fitness or wellness apps allow users to connect with the fitness trainer for any query regarding their daily workout or goals
- The IoT-enabled app helps the user to track and monitor their progress without any hassle
- Computer vision lets the trainer analyze the body movement of the user and can provide feedback in real-time
- IoT-backed dumbbells, treadmills and Yoga mats enables the user to analyze body movement and improvement areas without any initial support
So, these are some of the emerging technology trends in the fitness and wellness industry.
Tech is here for improving fitness and wellness outcomes with ease.
But remember, relying on just technology trends is never going to help.
A combination of tech, passion, and experience can bring the magic without adding any complex barrier.