The advancement in technology is taking place with each passing day and people belonging to all fields of life are able to communicate better and be more interactive with the introduction of latest communication means and advance devices.
The world has become a global village and the exposure of consumers has enlarged immensely making every advance tool or device available to them. Over the recent few years, the wireless technology has been introduced which has brought a revolution in technology as wireless technology enables the users to use devices while being away from them as well as enjoy multitasking while working.
The introduction of wireless technology has enabled people to get rid of tangled wires. After the introduction of wireless technology, the researches started working on a technology which helps them in the transference of information or data through wireless technology by connecting two devices compatible with each other.
As a result, Bluetooth technology was introduced which proved to be a benchmark in technology and opened doors for more progress in this field. The Bluetooth technology enables the users to connect their pc, laptop, smartphones, tablets, headsets, and other such devices and transfer data in addition to streaming their favorite music without any setup time or compatibility issues making connectivity stronger and easier for users no matter what field they belong to.
What is Bluetooth?
Bluetooth technology is a radio communication technology which enables users to carry out low power consuming short distance wireless networking between devices such as phones, computers, and other network devices. The name of Bluetooth was borrowed from the king of Denmark named Herald Gormsson who lived thousands of years ago and had a nickname which meant Bluetooth because of a dead tooth which seemed blue in color.
The Bluetooth technology was designed in order to carry out networking of various portable devices and peripherals which run on batteries. The devices which support Bluetooth functionality include the following:
- Cell phones
- Wireless headsets (including hands-free car kits)
- Wireless keyboards
- Wireless speakers
How Bluetooth Works?
Bluetooth technology works by sending and receiving radio waves in a band of around 79 different frequency ranges and all these are centred upon 2.45 GHz. A huge plus point of Bluetooth technology is its low power consumption due to which no surrounding devices are affected by it and it also provides a secure connection to users due to its short range. The Bluetooth devices (such as headsets)are able to detect the Bluetooth devices in the environment automatically and eight devices can simultaneously be connected to a single device and transfer data or music successfully.
What is Bluetooth Adapter?
A Bluetooth adapter is also known as Bluetooth dongles is a small inexpensive device which enables the Bluetooth technology on devices they are attached too. With the help of these adapters, the host devices are able to transfer data via Bluetooth.
How Bluetooth adapter works?
The Bluetooth adapter works on the plug and plays feature which is supported by both Windows and Mac operating systems. The Bluetooth adapter can be plugged in and removed any time and when it is plugged in the software driver is transferred and interpreted and its ready for use, Once the drivers have installed then the adapter lights and start sending signals instantly every time you plug it in the USB port.
Pros and Cons of Bluetooth Adapters
The pros of Bluetooth adapters are a lot as these devices enable users to enjoy wireless connectivity with a wide range of devices in a cord-free environment. They also enhance the mobility of your devices and help you multitask. The devices connected through Bluetooth should be close to each other but they do not need to be facing each other in order to transfer data.
The Bluetooth adapters offer a range of up to 100 meters but that varies in different classes of adapters. Another significant advantage of Bluetooth adapters is that using Bluetooth consumes a very low amount of battery making it an ideal tool for data transference. The simplicity of the connection process of Bluetooth is also a huge plus of using Bluetooth adapters to connect with different devices and the data transferred through Bluetooth is well protected.
The cons of Bluetooth adapters include that the transfer rate of Bluetooth is not as fast as compared to Wi-Fi networks. In order to use Bluetooth adapters the devices must also support Bluetooth technology and for some devices, the initial setup can be a bit complex and time taking. The connections through Bluetooth adapters are safe from hackers or data theft but they can be interrupted by surrounding Bluetooth devices.
Things to consider before buying a Bluetooth Adapter
The things which must be considered before buying a Bluetooth adapter are listed below:
- Before buying a Bluetooth adapter it must be considered that whether it supports the devices you are using including printers, keyboards, mouse, tablets, speakers, headsets, etc.
- The operating system you might be using can be Mac, windows or Vista etc. so before buying a Bluetooth adapter you should be careful about whether it works with your operating system or not.
- The Bluetooth adapter must be using the latest 4.0 technology as it provides the users with a better range and more compatibility as compared to older versions.
- You should be aware that whether you need a class 1 Bluetooth adapter or class 2 Bluetooth adapter depending upon the data transfer you want to perform.
- The range of class2 Bluetooth adapters is up to 330 feet whereas calss2 adapters have a range of just 10 m.
- All Bluetooth adapters have antennas in order to carry out data transference but class 1 Bluetooth adapters have a longer antenna as compared to class2.
Best Bluetooth Adapters available in the market
- Soundbot SB340 Universal Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter
- Avantree Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle adapter
- Costech 4.0 USB adapter
- Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter
- ORICO Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle
- Kinivo BTD-400 Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter
- Edimax EW-7811Un USB adapter
- BESIGN BD01 Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle adapter