There can be numerous reasons behind router login net not working issue.
If you are not able to access router login net login then it is recommended to do the following.
- Clear all the browsing history, cache, and junk files from your device (computer or laptop).
- Upgrade your Netgear router with the current and up-to-date version of technology.
- Use an updated and relevant web browser to access Netgear router login page.
- Ensure that there aren’t any typos in your URL.
- Make sure that the login credentials (default or personalized) you are using are correct.
Now, make use the following handy steps in order to gain access to your Netgear WiFi router login page:
- Load up a web browser.
- In its address bar type net. Make sure that you are typing the correct web address.
- Enter default or personalized login credentials (username and password).
- In case you get an error while attempting to routerlogin.net web address, then try clearing your internet browser cache, cookies, and browsing history and opt for another relevant browser:
- Making use of different web browser can resolve Netgear login page access error.
- Another way is to use Netgear router login IP address (default) i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 instead of using the above-mentioned web addresses.
If you still fail to reach your Netgear router setup and login page, then try accessing the login page using different methods, such as a wired Ethernet connection.
- For this, you have to connect your computer/ laptop with your Netgear router physically and properly through Ethernet cable.
- Also, make sure that your Netgear wireless router carries the latest and up-to-date firmware version of technology.
- Place your Netgear device in reach of the existing broadband modem.
Moreover, Netgear wireless router login page may not work in case you are connected to multiple networks at the same time, like wired or wireless, VPN (virtual private network ), or a corporate connection.
- If you wanna fix this issue, then you have to disconnect all the connected devices from all internet and VPN connections. Only your Netgear router should be connected.
- Also, disable temporarily pop-up blockers, firewall security, and ad blocking software. This process is meant to see if any of these are causing issues to the Netgear router default login page.
- Provide a valid and correct routerlogin net admin password (login credentials).
- Power cycle your Netgear router, existing modem, and connected devices like desktops, laptops, phones, tablets, etc.
- For this, you have to shut down your Netgear router first.
- After a few minutes, turn off your existing modem.
- Turn on your router first.
- After a couple of minutes, turn on your main modem.
During this process, make sure that your connected devices are also turned off. You have to turn them on after 4-5 minutes after you turn on your router and the modem.
If none of the aforementioned steps resolve your router login Netgear access problem, then perform a Netgear router factory reset process.
- To do so, get a paper clip or pin.
- Insert it into the reset hole of your Netgear router for a few seconds.
- Release the hole once you see that the LED lights on your router have started flashing.
During this process, make sure that your router isn’t connected with modem or other WiFi-enabled devices.
Once you have performed a factory reset process, all personalized or default router settings including security settings, network name (SSID), username, and password, will be lost.
After you have successfully reset your Netgear router, login into your device again from the beginning.
- Once you are logged in successfully, click on ‘Advanced’ option and under ‘Router Information’ be certain about your Netgear router IP Address that should be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
If you want to prevent login issues in future, be certain about your Netgear router’s firmware that it is up-to-date or not.