If you have an Instagram account, you will know that the app is still not 100% when it comes to security. Hackers or people directly affected by your page or activity may try to somehow hack and delete your account. Or, you can by mistake or even intentionally at any given time permanently delete your Instagram account and later realize you still need it.
“How to Recover a Deleted Instagram Account”, the question often asked by me at my personal blog Instapple. Many business Instagram accounts and even personal ones may have important information in them that is just not losable. Read below to find information on the possibility of recovering or restoring a permanently deleted Instagram accounts and also some alternatives:
Can You Recover a Deleted Instagram Account?
If you are looking for a simple straight answer, it is going to have to be a ‘No’. According to Instagram parameters and preferences, there is no possibility of recovering or restoring a permanently deleted account. In case you intentionally deleted your account, you cannot recover it.
- There is a way to recover if you deleted your account by mistake. Unfortunately in all other cases, the answer to Can You Recover a Deleted Instagram Account is No.
- Also, for all business accounts where all posts and pictures are related to business promotions, recovering a deleted account is also not possible.
Where many other apps and platforms do provide the option to recover a deleted account, Instagram doesn’t. When you know the reason why this is so, you will understand that it may be for users own good. Things might look simple but as you dig deep, a clearer picture arises and you are able to see Instagram’s perspective on this as well.
How Instagram Account Gets Deleted?
Since there might not be a way to recover many deleted Instagram account, the question arises as, why an account might get deleted. While it may be very simple for many users, there can be another reason(s) that might not be that straightforward.
Some basic reasons why Instagram accounts gets deleted are:
- Users have created a new account and don’t need the old one
- Older businesses owning business accounts maybe shut down
- Some social situation might have users shut their social media accounts
- Pictures and posts getting hacked or copied can cause users to delete their Instagram accounts
- Users can at times think they don’t need the account and after having deleted it realize that they might still need it or some information from it
- An account might get hacked where someone else can have its password and intentionally permanently delete the account in question
Recovering a Deleted Instagram Account
If you have accidentally deleted your Instagram account or you did not delete it yourself, you can still recover it fully. This is also a new update that got incorporated not so long ago.
To recover your account back in this scenario, you will need to click on this link: https://help.instagram.com/contact/1652567838289083.
After which you will see an Instagram official page. Whereby filling in required details; you will be given an option to recover your account. However, as mentioned above, business Instagram accounts with all posts about promotions might not be able to recover their information. Reason for this is that if you need to recover your account, you will need a Clear Picture or Selfie of yourself in your account and then another to match it that you will send Instagram.
Upon filling the details in the page opened by clicking the link above, you will get an email from Instagram. You will need to reply to the email and also attach a clear matching picture of yourself. This has to be a selfie or a face picture for it to comply with Instagram rules.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Instagram Account? Business accounts and ones that don’t have matching selfies in them, can simply not recover and may have to look at other options.
Best Alternative to a Permanently Deleted Account:
If you have lost your business account or a personal one that does not have any of your selfie pictures, you will not get all the information or posts in it back. It’s just the way it is and there might be nothing you can do to alter it. However, you are still able to:
- Use the Old Email ID for a New Account – By doing this, all your business affiliations might still be able to find your new account and interact with it just the way they used to.
- No Same Username – Unfortunately, with this option as well, you will not get the same username back. However, a logical thing to do is to only slightly change your old username. Put a number of a sign at its front or back or in the middle and your followers might still be able to recognize the new account.
Creating a new account and sharing the same information again to gain back your old followers might be the only option. For permanently deleted accounts, this might be the best-case scenario as well.
Lost or Forgotten Password
A deleted Instagram account can not be considered as the lost password issue. This lost password one is actually quite common in many people. It is very easy to lose your password and also type an incorrect one for a significant number of times. This will lead to your account getting disabled and locked by Instagram.
Recovering a lost password blocked or disabled account is much simpler, however. You will have to click on the lost password link and will be taken to a new page. Typing in details will lead to a password reset link be sent to your linked email account!
Disabled or Suspended Instagram Accounts
There are certain rules you cannot break and certain pictures or videos you cannot post. Violating terms and conditions and general community rules with exposing things that you are not allowed to expose will cause Instagram to suspend or disable accounts. This can be done to both business accounts and personal accounts. Any person or account can report any post from any other account that is violating community laws and Instagram policies leading the one in question to be blocked.
A detailed investigation is done into the reported post or account. If found guilty, temporary disability or suspension will proceed. To recover a suspended or disabled account, you will need to follow instructions from Instagram as well. You will be taken to official pages by clicking provided links. The suspicious post that caused your account to be blocked or suspended will be removed.